Friday, February 22, 2013

BACK TO BASICS

I like to add variety to my workouts and change it up quite a bit...as do I'm sure many people. Muscle confusion is so important in order to continually give your body the work it needs to sustain a healthy lifestyle. However, ever heard of the saying 'an oldie, but a goodie'? 
I love hearing this saying because it's so true, the oldies will never go away (in more ways than one). So let's get back to basics in our workouts, i.e. sit-ups and pushups. These two exercises are classic because they get the job done. Add them into your next circuit or midway through some cardiovascular work. 
This video shows a couple of different ways to add them in.
Sit-up with a twist
Sit-up with a twist punch
Sit-up pulse
Wide arm pushup
Wide arm, one leg pushup
Tricep pushup.



No comments:

Post a Comment